Site Engineer Surveyor
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum for the right person
Redstart presents an opportunity for a site engineer/surveyour with surveying experience to join the remediation team. The role will be typically split between site and office with flexibility to work at home.
We envisage you will have 5-10 years site surveying/ setting out engineering in construction earthworks environment using GPS or similar . AutoCAD drawing skills and earthworks modelling using LLS (or other) essential. Appropriate surveying qualifications or evidence of higher education desired but not essential.
• Utilising CAD & GIS software, such as AutoCAD civil 3D and LSS, to create existing and proposed 3D DTM site models which are used to carry out cut-fill analysis of projects at tender stage. This is then communicated to senior management through spreadsheets, drawings and cross-sections.
• Aiding in project commencement by importing a proposed digital terrain model (DTM) into site equipment, including Leica GNSS smart antennae and machine control enabled excavators, and updating as required.
• Tracking project progress by liaising with site teams and conducting volume calculations through topographic surveys using both ground and airborne techniques. Data collected is then processed to produce As-built survey drawings and aerial orthomosaic imagery.
• Producing detailed project completion drawings as well as conceptual site models.
• GVS (General Visual Line of Sight Certificate) required to conduct commercial drone operations.
Redstart is an SME with a dozen staff based out of Stockport. Working as part of this team you will assist the remediation site team, geo-environmental consulting team and office team.
You will be involved from site conception assisting with proposed earthwork volumetric calculations for bids and site development, assisting site with setting out earthworks, quantifying material volumes and checking & verifying finished levels. You will need to produce drawing cut/fill isopachytes and other drawing for tenders and assist with preparation of simple drawings for reports.
You will be need to be a self-starter capable of communicated across the board. The bulk of the work is in the northwest with occasional work outside the region.
£40,000+ per annum for the right person
33 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
Discretionary bonus scheme
Death in Service Benefit x4 salary
Company van available